IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE...
...the most up-to-date, POST-EXAMINATION VERSION of the NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN which will be considered at Referendum is available to view by clicking here.
For details of the REFERENDUM to be held on Thursday 29 March 2018 please click here and you will be taken to the Referendum page.
Neighbourhood Plan Pre-submission Consultation
This Neighbourhood Plan Pre-submission Consultation is in line with Regulation 14 of The Neighbourhood Planning Regulations (2012) and will run for a period of seven weeks from Monday 27th June through to Sunday 14th August 2016.
It offers a last opportunity to influence Houghton's Neighbourhood Plan before it is submitted to Harborough District Council (HDC).
All comments received by Sunday 14th August 2016 will be considered by the Neighbourhood Plan Working Party (NPWP) and may be utilised to amend this draft Neighbourhood Plan. A Consultation Statement, including a summary of all comments received and how these were considered, will be made available along with the amended Neighbourhood Plan at a future date.
The Neighbourhood Plan Working Party (NPWP) has now produced a Draft Neighbourhood Plan using your opinions and comments from the returned questionnaires, together with those of other interest groups consulted over the last 15 months. This is not a finished document. It is a draft for you to read and comment on.
- Are there things we have omitted?
- Are there sections that are not clear?
- Are there items you think may be wrong?
- You are also encouraged to tell us what you like about the plan.
The full draft plan contains policies on the following topics:
- Location of development sites.
- Types of dwellings to be built.
- Design of both individual dwellings and layout of development areas.
- Services and Facilities.
- Traffic Management.
It is available to view by clicking on the following link:
- Neighbourhood Plan Pre-submission Consultation Document (PDF, 3.5 Mb)
A paper copy of the draft plan can be viewed at Houghton Newscentre & Post Office, Houghton Garage or at one of the advertised consultation or drop-in sessions in Houghton Village Hall (see Key Dates below).
Comments on the draft plan can be recorded on the Pre-submission Consultation Comments Form, which is available to download and print off by clicking on the link below:
You can also pick up a form from Houghton Newscentre & Post Office, Houghton Garage, any Parish Councillor or at one of the advertised consultation and drop-in sessions in Houghton Village Hall (see Key Dates below).
Completed forms should be returned by Sunday 14th August at the latest via:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Houghton Pre-Submission Consultation, RCC, Community House, 133 Loughborough Road, Leicester, LE4 5LQ.
- Drop off: Houghton Newscentre & Post Office, Houghton Garage or at any of the consultation and drop-in sessions.
Please note that we will not accept responses that are anonymous and comments may be made public, but not your personal details.
Summary of Key Dates:
- Mon 27th June – Sun 14th August 2016 - Pre-submission Consultation.
- Wed 6th July 2016 – Consultation Meeting, 19:30, Houghton Village Hall.
- Sat 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th July 2016 – Drop-in sessions, 10:00 – 12:00, Village Hall Club Room.
- Sun 14th August 2016 – last date for receipt of comments.